Friday 15 September 2017

Finish For The Weekend

Today I am joining in the fun with Jill over at Emerald Cottage for the first Finish for the Weekend.  I have many projects on the go particularly home improvements since moving to our dream cottage on the Isle of Lewis.  This will hopefully spur me on a little when it is needed.  This week a start was made on some of my Christmas preparations, early due to our travel plans.  These are a few of the things that I have finished this week.





The base of these tags are ceramic, which were bought in the January sales with no idea what to do with them.  There was 90% off them so a real bargain, but only a bargain if they are used.  I faltered for awhile not sure of what to do with them and then finally decided on adding some paper and stamping the names on them.   Some natural twine added and they can double up as a tree decoration too.

On out last trip to visit family we went to a lavender farm, which was a great outing with Bertie and Honey.  We had lost of fun snipping away at the rows upon rows of lavender.  We came back with two very large brown bags which I have dutifully dried out.  So my next finish is some lavender bags to be used as toppers for some of my gifts.  I enjoyed the process of making them and the wonderful memories that making them evoked.  I am hoping that my daughter will have some wonderful memories of picking the lavender when she sees them.




First up were some simple hessian/burlap bags tied with some natural twine and a few sprigs of lavender added.



I did spray the lavender sprigs with hairspray to stop them dropping, so they have lost their smell a little.  However the amazing smell from the bag is beautiful.



I had some lovely remnants of fabric which I have made some bags from, they are adorable with country animals.  Perfect as a topper for some country wrapped gifts.




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy whatever it is you have planned.  We are planning on a relaxing weekend, catching up with each other and some reading and TV.  As always thank you for your wonderful comments and support.

35 comments:

  1. Wowsers, so much! I never thought of using hairspray to stop lavender dropping. Also, we have a lavender place nearby, I really must visit next year 😀 Thanks for joining in, and have a lovely weekend,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was finishing as much as you are....I have to be more patient with myself. Lovely gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts, especially the lavender bags, I particilarly like the hessian ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just replanted my lavender plants this year. they died in the winter for some reason. I can't wait to dry some again. Love your gift ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative, I just love the animal bags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog and hearing about your new life and your crafts. I love the fragrance of lavender such a clean soothing fragrance. My aunt had a friend who was blind and she had arranged that the path to her house be planted with lavender bushes to provide a fragrant walkway for her, I often think how nice a walkway lined with lavender would be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your uses for found things are very clever and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A busy bee in the Isle of Lewis ;)
    Have a nice weekend around your lovely projects !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finishes! I love the hedgehogs. I collect hedgehog things. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job of using what bought on sale like that. I put things away then find them a few years later. Metal art London Tower Bridge I found 3 yrs ago surfaced last week. Yep gonna put it together for our celebration. I like your little bags with animals on it. I think the hedgehogs are cute! Lavender is a fab scent of mine. Hugs back to you my friend. ×-×

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great price and I love what you did with them. They turned out great! The little animals are also so cute! Lavender is one of my favorite scents! Hard to believe Christmas will be here before we know it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those tags, and the fact that they can be used as tree ornaments too. Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like it's going to be lovely and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy! Great planning picking up so many bargains over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly have been busy!! Can you pop in and do some Christmas makes for me please!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the bag with the fox. Great idea for using up remnants. Wishing you a lovely relaxing weekend.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the lavender bags, lavender has such a lovely fresh smell. Hope they are well received. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I love all of your finishes. I have a huge lavenders plant that has so many blossoms on it. Those bags are treasures. Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing.. hairspray to stop lavender dropping.. Lovely crafts.. have a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are making a good start. The lavender bags are so pretty and I love the idea of the ceramic tags being personalised xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at you, already wrapping up Christmas decor. I'm still shopping for fall and thinking about Halloween. Love those towels.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lavender is one of my favorites as is anything in the purple family of colors. We used to have a plant in our yard when living in VA, but apt living means no yard. Still it's lovely to see the crafts you have done with it and with the other bargains you bought, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all three! The animal bags are brilliant! SO smart!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The little ceramic ornaments turned out so well. Lavender sachets are always popular; I like the different looks of the hessian and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are one talented lady! Oh how I wish I could get into preparing for Christmas early...I just can't seem to get into the spirit this early and then I run out of time. I LOVE the lavender sachets....mmmmm! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are one talented lady! Oh how I wish I could get into preparing for Christmas early...I just can't seem to get into the spirit this early and then I run out of time. I LOVE the lavender sachets....mmmmm! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of lovely projects. I should try spraying my Lavender with hair spray. I don't like how bits fall every time someone touches the bouquets I bring in. It grows very well around here but every 3 or 4 years the plants get so ungainly big I dig them out and replace them with small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I admire and appreciate your talent. So beautiful and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you have turned remnants into all these beautiful finished crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've made some lovely items there. You are very creative. X

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the idea of you all picking it and then making gifts with it. You are an inspiration to me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Isn't that animal fabric just perfect for the lavender bags. They're gorgeous.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your artwork and follow you pots this very minute!
    หนังผี

    ReplyDelete